Projects per year
- Near-net-shape production of advanced titanium alloy components via molten salt electrolysis
- Electrochemical reprocessing of spent fuels
- Fabrication of titanium alloy powders for 3D printing
- Electro-deposition of composites of polymer and carbon nanotubes for chemical sensing and energy storage
- Synthesis of bio-inspired advanced functional materials
Dr. Di Hu’s primary research background lies in the electrochemical production of pure metals or metal alloys via direct solid-state electrodeoxidation (i.e. the FFC-Cambridge Process) of metal oxide precursors in molten salt (Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. 2013; 44(2):272-282). By applying an inert anode, a carbon-free metallurgical process can be achieved which is essential for emission control.
In addition, He has also conducted researches on (i) electro-deposition of conducting composites of electroactive polymer and carbon nanotubes (CNTs) towards potential applications for chemical sensing (i.e. CO2 sensor) (ACS Nano. 2010; 4(7):4274-4282) and energy storage (i.e. supercapattery) (Energy & Environmental Science. 2014; 7(3):1018-1022), and (ii) chemical synthesis of bio-inspired conducting polymer materials, such as lotus leaf -like superhydrophobic polyaniline (Advanced Materials. 2014; 26(15):2440-2445).
- 2014- present: Assistant Professor (Lecturer) of Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Nottingham Ningbo China. Research project: Electrochemical production of titanium alloy powders for 3D printing.
- 2011-2014: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Nottingham UK. Research project: REFINE-The sustainable reduction of spent fuel vital in a closed loop nuclear energy cycle.
- 2007-2011: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Nottingham UK. Research project: Electrochemical near-net-shape production of titanium alloy components via the FFC Cambridge Process.
- 2006: BEng in Chemical Engineering and Technology, Key Laboratory of Organics Solids, Institute of Chemistry Chinese Academy of Sciences (ICCAS). Research project: Chemical synthesis of superhydrophobic conducting polymers.
Module Convener and Lecturer
- Water Treatment (H83WAT)
- Process Engineering Project (H82PEP)
- Plan Design (H82PLD)
- Design Projects (H83DPX)
- Fundamentals of Engineering Design (H81FED)
- 1 Similar Profiles
Collaborations and top research areas from the last five years
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 5 Finished
Research and Development, Test and Industralization of New Smelting Techniques of Titanium ad Titaium Alloys
1/01/20 → 1/01/23
Project: Contract Projects › Horizontal-Contract Projects out of Zhejiang Province
1/01/20 → 31/12/22
Project: Contract Projects › Horizontal-International Contract Projects
The Enhancement of Molten Salt Electro-Deoxidation Process for Titanium Alloys Production via the Application of Metal Co-Oxide Cathodes
1/01/19 → 31/12/21
Project: Government Funded Projects › Vertical-National Government Funded Projects
1/01/18 → 31/12/20
Project: Government Funded Projects › Vertical-Ningbo Municipal Government Funded Projects
18/01/16 → 17/01/18
Project: Government Funded Projects › Vertical-Zhejiang Provincial Government Funded Projects
In-depth Li+ transportation in three-dimensionalized nanodiamond network for improved liquid and solid lithium metal batteriesLi, Z., Liang, W., Chen, J., Song, L., Xiong, T., Xie, W., Wu, S., Hu, D., Yao, X. & Peng, Z., 1 Jun 2023, In: Nano Energy. 110, 108370.
Research output: Journal Publication › Article › peer-review5 Citations (Scopus)
Overall Carbon-neutral Electrochemical Reduction of CO2 in Molten Salts using a Liquid Metal Sn CathodeJing, S., Sheng, R., Liang, X., Gu, D., Peng, Y., Xiao, J., Shen, Y., Hu, D. & Xiao, W., 1 Feb 2023, In: Angewandte Chemie - International Edition. 62, 6, e202216315.
Research output: Journal Publication › Article › peer-review4 Citations (Scopus)
Weldable and electrochemically stable composite of graphene and polyvinylidene fluoride as a current collector for promoting reversible lithium plating/strippingGuo, Q., Wang, S., Li, Y., Wang, J., Wu, Y., Yu, Y., Xia, S., Hu, D., Hu, B., Ye, Z., Zhou, X., Chen, G. & Liu, Z., 1 Oct 2023, In: Journal of Power Sources. 580, 233401.
Research output: Journal Publication › Article › peer-review
CNT/PVDF Composite Coating Layer on Cu with a Synergy of Uniform Current Distribution and Stress Releasing for Improving Reversible Li Plating/StrippingGuo, Q., Yu, Y., Xia, S., Shen, C., Hu, D., Deng, W., Dong, D., Zhou, X., Chen, G. Z. & Liu, Z., 12 Oct 2022, In: ACS applied materials & interfaces. 14, 40, p. 46043-46055 13 p.
Research output: Journal Publication › Article › peer-review3 Citations (Scopus)
Egun, I. L., He, H., Hu, D. & Chen, G. Z., 2022, (Accepted/In press) In: Advanced Sustainable Systems.
Research output: Journal Publication › Review article › peer-reviewOpen Access4 Citations (Scopus)