I am Yijin (Joanna) Lin. I have very much enjoyed my experience in UNNC as an undergraduate student, a member of research assistant, a PhD researcher, and now a teaching fellow in EDEN which has allowed me to see how our school has grown and developed over these years.
I have been involved in teaching the following modules:
- EDEN1004 Academic Community
- EDEN2000 Psycholinguistics
- EDEN3001 Brain and Language
- EDEN3004 Intercultural Communication (BA)
- Second language learning across the lifespan
- Brain plasticity of language learning
- Cognitive enhancements through language learning
- Impacts of learning a new language on health, wellbeing and cognitive functions
My PhD thesis is about exploring the degree of brain plasticity for language learning in older learners by measuring their electro-physiological brains patterns using the Even-related Potential (ERP) technique. I have also studied possible impacts of the experience of learning a language later in life in terms of psychological well-being and other cognitive and affective factors.
As the manager of the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language Laboratory (CNLL) here at UNNC I am currently involved in several research projects related to neuroeconomics, neuromarketing and brain training.
PhD, University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Award Date: 10 Jul 2021
- Foreign Language and Literature
- 1 Similar Profiles